Pleated Neckline Tutorial

Hey guys! Jennie and I switched blogs for the day, so
when you are finished here, come see me!


Hello toasted coconut readers!
I am Jennie Moss and I am guest posting on
miss emily's blog today!
She is lovely & all sorts of creative-I am so happy
to be here! :)
Well I thought since Fall is here
we all need a little spice in our wardrobe
so I found an item in my closet
that needed some major love & attention...

this is a SIMPLE tutorial on SWEATER sprucing!
what you need to start:

then simply cut two inch & a half strips of wool

and start to pleat your strips & pin them...


I hand sewed it all, because my machine is hating me.
 But it was pretty easy and fast, even by 
hand sewing all of the pleat. 
As you pleat the fabric and sew it to your sweater, you can
shape it around the neckline into
either a v or a half circle.

This is how my sweater turned out....


I hope you have a fun time repurposing
your sweaters & shirts!
Have a great fall
happy crafting.

Love,



Thanks Jennie! How CUTE is that?? 
Make sure you stop by Jennie's blog and say hello!



I will be linking this up to some of the fabulous blogs found HERE.

8 comments:

  1. This is great! What a wonderful tutorial! I'd love for you to share this at Show & Share--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great job! i love it. so pretty. now i just need to learn to sew!

    i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

    letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

    thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for letting me post! you are sooo wonderful miss em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has some plain shirts that could use this to dress them up! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! Any idea where tyou can put it in the wash after this?

    ReplyDelete