Vintage Door Headboard





I got this amazing vintage door at an antique store for only $20! The doors  next to it were priced between $100 and $200- so I knew something was up. I took it up front and asked them- they said it was probably a mistake, but I talked them into giving it to me for the tagged price! woot-woot!! 

Here is a cell phone picture:








I loved the chipped paint, and would have kept it as is- but it was chipping like crazy...and I was worried about lead paint. So after safely removing the paint, I took all the necessary precautions against lead paint. After I painted everything, I added a bit of stain to distress it, and then I attached two 2x4s (cut to desired length) with some screws, giving the door "legs."  Here is the finished result:








Now that I've had it for 9 months or so, I'm thinking I want to "shabby" it up a bit. It needs some more distressing...
 
I will be linking this up to some of the AWESOME blogs found HERE
 







10 comments:

  1. It looks great. I just love old doors! Did you make your beautiful bedspread too? I saw that great tutorial at KoJo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And the gloves, who would have thought of such unique wall art?? Way to cute....

    Your duvet reminds me of my shower curtain from Urban Outfitters....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! And yeah, the gloves are sooo unique!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute, I love the door and the gloves. A great idea.

    Penny
    http://this-n-that--pnash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the door headboard. I have a few pairs of old gloves, so I might copy you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool very cool!!~ I love old doors for all kinds of decorating...problem is I have no place to put one. FYI I am having a newbie linky party as we speak..you qualify and I would love to have ya..you will be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love how it turned out. But mostly, good job talking them into the $20 price! I'm your newest follower. Check me out at youmadethat.blogspot.com

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I stopped by to let you know that I nominatd you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Happy Wednesday!

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the door and the gloves! I have never seen that with the gloves, what a great idea! Thank you so much for linking up to Dot Dot Dot! It made my day!
    I am giving you an award on my blog! I am also going to be featuring this on Monday!
    Thanks!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the door turned out, and the gloves are awesome!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete